Welcome to Appalachian State Library Science!
Welcome to Appalachian State Library Science! We offer Masters of Library Science degrees for those students interested in pursuing careers in school librarianship and/or public librarianship.
*We are now accepting applications for Spring 2015 cohorts. The priority deadline for applications is October 1; once enrollment capacities have been reached, registration will be close. The final deadline for applications is November 1. Apply here.
- an online experience using a 3-D fully immersive and collaborative learning environment
- small classes in which students occasionally meet at the same time and conduct coursework on their own time
- an engaged and supportive faculty
Library Science, General (MLS) is
- nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- approved by the North Carolina State Department of Public Instruction
- regionally accredited by the North Carolina Public Librarian Certification Commission
Completion of the Library Science Master's degree entitles graduates to apply for Media Coordinator licensure (076) from the State of North Carolina and the Public Librarian Certification from the North Carolina Public Librarian Certification Commission.
Want to show your love for education and ASU?
The College of Education GameDay is Nov. 1st against Georgia Tech: show your love for education and for ASU by submitting a photo that may be shown on the jumbotron at the Rock on game day! These two links will tell you how you can participate: