Welcome to Appalachian State Library Science!
Welcome to Appalachian State Library Science! We offer Masters of Library Science degrees for those students interested in pursuing careers in school librarianship and/or public librarianship.
*We are now accepting applications for Fall 2015 cohorts. The priority deadline for applications is June 1; once enrollment capacities have been reached, registration will be closed. The final deadline for applications is July 1. Apply here.
- an online experience using a 3-D fully immersive and collaborative learning environment
- small classes in which students occasionally meet at the same time and conduct coursework on their own time
- an engaged and supportive faculty
Library Science, General (MLS) is
- nationally recognized by the American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
- nationally accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- approved by the North Carolina State Department of Public Instruction
- regionally accredited by the North Carolina Public Librarian Certification Commission
Completion of the Library Science Master's degree entitles graduates to apply for Media Coordinator licensure (076) from the State of North Carolina and the Public Librarian Certification from the North Carolina Public Librarian Certification Commission.